A few weeks ago, my car (known mostly as Rac Edrocnoc) broke down on the side of the road. At that time I was hit with the reality, that there was a chance that this was where our journey was going to end.
Thankfully however, our journey has not ended there, and she now up and running. But during that time I found myself thinking about how sad it will be when I do need to say good-bye to her.
Rac Edrocnoc is a '93 Chrysler Concorde. When we got her she was the envy of the many people. Seriously, people would stop my parents in the parking lot just to ask them questions about her. (this hasn't happened lately-which I think is due partly to her debilitating leprosy looking disease) She was the car I learned to drive in, I took my drivers test in her...both times:).
Since that time we have been through a lot together. We have lived in Iowa, California, and Michigan. We have driven through white out conditions (a couple of times), hydro-planed together, and even had a car washing experience together which went sour, resulting in her being lifted by an angry mob.
Ah yes, it has been a journey full of surprises and new experiences. What can I say...I love nostalgia.
2 comments:
As I was reading your blog, I found myself emotional over the loss of Speedracer. Man I miss that car! All those drives to Dordt, cleaning off the mustard/cheese gross stuff that the boys put all over him, and then there was the time he survived the deer accident. I hope his new family is taking good care of him. :(
I too thought of dear speedracer while posting this blog...I was thinking about all the dear friends rac edorcon has had over the years...Speedracer, T-spice, etc. My fav memory of Speedracer..the junebug incident. crazy!
Post a Comment