Sunday, October 16, 2005

Communal Living

Back in the day my friend Kristin and I talked about joining a commune. The idea of living in community just like the people in Acts is so intriguing. Well needless to say we never did join a commune (yet-at least) but I last night it felt like I had.
You see in the last few months 4 groups of people from my church have moved into the same townhouse complex, and to celebrate we had a progressive house warming dinner party. The final count was that over 30 people from our church community came. It was a blast. Jess provided homemade salsa and guacamole with chips for appetizer, Amy and I provided salad, Luke and Kari had enchiladas and beans, Mark and Nick had made a version of Luke's famous cheesecake. It was great to have so many people there together hanging out, eating some good food, and just enjoying each others company.
I know Nick's camera was circulating so with any luck I'll have some fun photos to post soon.

No comments: