I (and my blog) have been tagged by my friend Cristina. Not tagged as in graffiti (although she is an artist who could do graffiti)but tagged as in "you're it" kind of way. Since she has tagged me I must share 5 things that you may not know about me...and then I get to tag 5 other people. So here I go.
1. In grade school my friend Anne and I would schedule time in our days to get together and write songs. The first song that I remember us completing and then performing was a children's praise and worship song entitled "The Birds are Singing in the Morning". It required both of us to sing solos...and we still remember it and sing it to her 14 month old baby. Here are the lyrics...be ready to be amazed.
Anne (A): The birds are singing in the morning
Heather (H): Morning
Repeat 1 time
H: The crickets are singing in the night
A: Night
Repeat 1 time
Together: God made them so we should appreciate them. Appreciate them...Yeah!
They just don't write songs like that anymore.
2. As a child I refused to eat pizza. I hated it. In Jr. High I soon realized that eating pizza was imperative if I was going to belong to any social circle so I learned to eat it. I now have no problem eating it, but it still isn't something that I love, crave, or order at a restaurant (unless we are at an all pizza place or I am at home and am too lazy to cook so I need something to be delivered to my door).
3. The first play I was ever in was a reenactment of the first Christmas. I was in second grade so we did not audition for parts, instead our parts were chosen by having our names drawn from a hat. I played the part of the donkey that Mary rode on her way to Bethlehem. I wore an old tanish-brown velour sweatshirt that used to be my dads and my brother made donkey ears out of construction paper and then we glued them to a headband for me to wear. I played the part convincingly.
4. Due to a horrendous car wash incident in Morgan Hill, California I no longer go through car washes by myself.
5. I have recurring dreams where I find myself walking into the unlocked homes of people I don't know. Once I am in there, I am nervous that someone is going to find me and I am going to get in trouble. Inevitably at least one person is home, and I spend the rest of the dream trying to get out of their home without them seeing me. I then wake up all anxious. It should be noted that the majority of my dreams have soundtracks.
So that is it..now I get to tag 5 people
-Amy
-Anna
-Bridget
-Melody
and
-Kandi
You're it!
5 comments:
Your song rocks, Heather!!! What was the tune?
I am so glad to know I'm not the only one with vivid crazy-person dreams. I also did not know about the carwash incident. Do tell!
Yes, Tell Tell the car wash incident....
Ja' (I think it's ultra cool to leave out the 'Quanda),
I responded to the tag on my blog.
Lepes
Heather....
I think I know about the car wash incident...did it include a blue ford Taurus and someone named Judy? Wait maybe I am thinking of another horrendous- yet hilarious car wash incident.
Robin :)
Post a Comment