
Well my annual night of wearing a sparkley shirt and drinking cold duck has passed, and it was a success. I spent New Years enjoying the company of many friends, and playing with my new digital camera.
Then on the first my blog celebrated its 100th visit. The fact that I even figured out how to add the counter to my blog is reason enough to celebrate, but now that I have rendered 100 hits it is even more fun!
Another event to celebrate occurred today. I successfully led my first poetry lab group for 5 Emotional/Behavioral Disordered (EBD) middle school youth. Last semester I co-lead a group with my field instructor so I saw first hand what the group was about, earned about group dynamics, and the group formation process. However I had never facilitated a group all by myself with kids I had never met before. So I was really nervous for today, especially since it was going to be their first day back from winter break, and I lead my group first period. But the kids were great. They jumped right in, I couldn't have asked for better behavior, and when we did our final check in at the end of the group they all said that they had fun, and wanted to come back next week. So yeah! Last semester we had a wonderful first group too, but then the second group was crazy...so hopefully history won't repeat itself.
1 comment:
I'm glad you had a good New Year's! In this picture are you wearing your sparkly shirt under the menu?
Next New Year's, you should carry your Cold Duck around in a brown paper bag and refuse to share with anyone. Stumble around a few times just for effect.
Post a Comment