
So this past Saturday a bunch of us went roller skating. This wasn't just any old roller skating either...it was Christian Contemporary Music Night. I had built up this wonderful mental picture of dancing around the rink to Amy Grant singing "Baby, Baby" and then slowing it down a bit with a little "Place in this world" by MWS. I even brought some body glitter to put on my eyes for the special occasion.
When we were walking in they were playing Carmen...so I knew it was going to be a night to remember. Sadly however, the songs came and went and there was not a single flash back to my Jr. High years. They did however play Jesus Freak...so I was able to get down with the DC Talk...d.d.down with the DC Talk and believe me I was flowin'like a bottle of Drain-O.
So although the night did not play out exactly how I had imagined. It was lots of fun...and I am sure it will be repeated again sometime. And when it does happen again I will ask them if they happen to have my favorite roller Skating themed song done by a Christian Artist....Couple Skate by Joe Christmas. I love thinking back to the songs of yester year.
2 comments:
sounds like fun! Did you hear they turned our one and only Willmar skating rink into a bar? I think it's already been closed down actually, due to too many fights. Perhaps I should operate an after hours rink in the junior high parking lot. Would you come?
Heather, can you share your EasyFries story on my blog perhaps? I think it would be inspiring to others.
That's hilarious! How could two different people post close to the same thing in a matter of hours. The human mind is an amazing thing. I laugh. :)
Post a Comment