On Saturday Mark surprised me by taking me to Duluth for the day. I hadn't been there since I was about 4 years old, so it was really fun to see it again. Sadly the 70, 80, and 90 degree weather we had been enjoying last week had left and it was a chilling 55ish degrees out, so instead of playing track ball on the boardwalk we went to the Duluth aquarium.

We had a lot of fun there despite the fact that they really did not have many fish to look at...and those that they did have were things like lake trout. I did however get to pet a fresh water sting ray...which was a first for me.
Then the big surprise was that Mark had booked us on a dinner cruise. It was so fun. The food was delicious and the scenery was amazing. I am not a huge lover of swimming, and being in the water...but I am a big fan of being near the water. In California Melanie, Tanja and I would frequent Santa Cruz, and Carmel just so we could relax on the beach. And in Michigan I lived minutes from a beautiful beach on Lake Michigan so it felt good to just be by a large body of water and enjoy the calm and peaceful impact it has on me.
Then last night some of my friends from Bluer gathered to celebrate. I had so much fun eating delicious cake, and laughing (very hard I must add) with this wonderful group of people. I just can't help but feel the need to let them know how very thankful I am to have them in my life.
oh...and for all you non-bluer friends...I am thankful for you too.
4 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday, Heather! I'm glad to hear that you had such a wonderful day! Welcome to the late 20s :-)
yay for Heather's birthday! I thought about you on the actual day- had a very touching moment of silence for you, actually. I'm so glad you had an exciting adventure!
Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday
Sin and Sorrow everywhere
People dieing everyday
Yet, Happy Birthday anyway ;).
Post a Comment