On Friday night my church,
Bluer, was featured on ABC Nightline as part of a segment looking at the Emergent Church movement. There were a few comments that made me chuckle, as I didn't really agree with them, however overall I would say it was a success. The clip is able to be seen on Bluer's website or by simply clicking
here.
9 comments:
Heather--You didn't tell us that YOU are on the segment! That's so cool. How do you feel after your television debut?
Well, I have now decided to become a diva. Actually though,our church isn't that large so most of the people there ended up in the segment at some point. It should be noted that it was kinda awkward to try to worship while the taping was happening because there was this guy with this huge bright light in your face so even with my eyes closed I was being blinded.
And other things like being called a rebel church, or more like a grateful dead concert are funny because any Jerry Garcia fans would be disappointed when they walk in and discover our worship sounds nothing like the grateful dead.
Heather,
Thank you for sharing that with us. I miss having an authenic place to worship so much since moving here.
I also thought the reporters comment regarding the battle between traditional churches and the emergent church was interesting as well...I pray that the energy of God's people is not wasted on whether an advent wreath is made out of evergreen boughs or a radial tire....does it not represent the same thing?
Let's not forget the Savior of the world was born in a barn!
By the way you were stunning in the pink stripes!
Take care...miss you so much.
Blessings,
Robin
Heather.
This was really cool. I couldn't help but notice that the first nightline guy had somewhat of an english accent. Was this the normal nightline or another version of it? Either way it was really cool. I was glad to be able to place a visual with what I've heard about your church. Way cool.
Robin- I too wondered about the whole colliding of the two church cultures. I thougth it was a tad dramatic.
megan-it was normal Nightline. I don't really know how to explain the accent.
Somewhat off topic, but...I was looking at some of your pictures on Flikr, and there's one of what looks like your dad, brother, and grandpa. And then there's a morbidly obese snowman sitting on top of the couch. What's up with that?
Well that photo you mentioned is of my grandpa, my brother, and my uncle at Christmas. We were at my Aunt and Uncles house and my aunt has a snowman collection. If I remember correctly she recieved that snowman for Christmas two years ago and it is kinda shaped like a hershey's kiss...which makes me laugh because it looks like it is melting.
It was you!
John said he saw someone on tv that looked suspiciously like you...
I saw you on the website- so cool!
Post a Comment